Title

Dispatches from a Struggling Buddhist Studies Graduate Student

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Enter Thailand


(Written 06-08-2012)

Due to a delay in my flight from Los Angeles to Narita in Japan, by the time I checked into my hotel in Samut Prakan (a Bangkok Suburb), I had already been awake for almost 30 hours.  Since my room does not have an alarm clock, and I decided to leave my cellphone at home, I thought it would be best to stay up until this evening and then treat myself to a good long sleep, and hopefully I will wake up sometime tomorrow.

That’s the plan, anyway.  I’ll see if my sleep schedule will stay intact.  But I don’t see myself being too active during the day.  This morning I decided to walk around the block surrounding my hotel, and even at 8:00 am, after being outside for only about 10 minutes I was covered in sweat.  Unless my body adjusts soon, I think I will shower at least 3 times a day so I am not a totally smelly farang.

No comments:

Post a Comment